- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tbsp ground turmeric*
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 5-6 cups veggie stock
- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can (400mL) full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Author: Joyous Health (click on link for full recipe and details!)
- In a large soup pot, heat oil to medium. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, saute for another 5 minutes. Then add all the spices and saute for a few more minutes.
- Next add the veggie stock and then the butternut squash.
- Bring to a soft boil, add quinoa and reduce to a simmer until quinoa is fully cooked about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk just before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs of your choosing.
- Keep in fridge for up to a week and reheat on stove top in a pot or keep in freezer for up to 3 months.