Old Bay Shrimp Boil
- 8 cups/ 2 quarts water
- 12 ounces/ 355 ml beer
- ¼ cup/ 85 gramsOld Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 medium red potatoes quartered
- 1 large onions cut into large chunks
- ½ pound smoked sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4-6 ears fresh corn shucked and cut into 3″ pieces
- 2 pounds unpeeled jumbo shrimp
Recipe and picture from: Cooking is Messy Blog
- In a very large pot, bring water, beer, Old Bay, and salt to a boil.
- Stir in the potatoes and onions to the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the sausage, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Next add the corn and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Stir in so it is mixed all the way through. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Drain cooking liquid. Serve directly from the pot into bowls. Alternatively, cover your table in newspaper and dumb the contents of the pot and eat the food directly using your hands.
- Season with more Old Bay if needed.